Twelve people, including six children of the same family in Neno were on Sunday admitted to Neno District Hospital after eating poisonous mushroom.
Neno Police spokesperson Raphael Kaliati said the family had prepared the mushroom for their dinner.
“Their grandmother brought mushroom which was prepared for dinner. But soon after eating them, they all started vomiting and opening bowels.
“They alerted their neighbours who took them to Nsambi Health Centre where they were immediately referred to Neno District Hospital,” said Kaliati.
Police conducted independent investigations which ruled out foul play, said Kaliati.
He said the condition of the patients was steadily improving.
Those admitted include a 75-year-old woman who brought the mushroom and a seven-month-old baby.
Others are aged three, four, five, six and nine.