Eight Nyasa Big Bullets players have recovered from Covid-19 and are back to training ahead of the People’s Team TNM Super League clash against Ntopwa FC this Saturday.
The club’s website www.nyasabigbullets.com states that Stanley Biliat, Henry Kabichi, Mike Mkwate, Dalitso Sailesi, Ernest Kakhobwe, Richard Chimbamba, Nelson Kangunje and McFarlen Ngwira are back from self-isolation.
“Bullets confirm that eight players, who were in self-isolation after testing positive for Covid-19 last month, will return to training Wednesday [yesterday] morning after testing negative,” the website states in part.
“The players and an official were in self-isolation for two weeks as they were recovering from the virus.”
The eight have joined Hassan Kajoke and Luke Chima, who were among 11 Bullets players and officials that tested positive but returned to work last week upon recuperation.
Kajoke was featured in Bullets’ 3-1 victory over Kamuzu Barracks in the TNM Super League on Saturday while Chima was on the bench.
Bullets chief administration officer Albert Chigoga yesterday said the club “urges all supporters and the entire football fraternity to continue adhering to preventive measures and directives by the government through the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19”.
Super League of Malawi vice-general secretary Zachariah Nyirenda yesterday confirmed that the players had indeed tested negative.
“I can confirm that the players have now tested negative for the pandemic and we thank God that they are returning to training. We also thank the medical personnel, Football Association of Malawi and Bullets for supporting the players,” he said.