In this article MONICA MWANGUPILI gives us several exercises that will help us continue wearing those high heels we love. If we do not take proper care of our legs it can eventually result in leg problems in our old age.
Why you need them
—Constant high heel wearing can result in over use of certain leg muscles and cause problems like long-term joint pains, inflamed nerves, pain when you abruptly switch from high heels to flat shoes, just to name a few
—Here are a few exercises to help you prevent such problems; these exercises can also help you reverse these problems.
—Plus you get to walk and balance better in heels; you can even promote yourself to a higher heel.
Calves strengthening stretch
1. Stand on a step with your back straight and heels hanging off.
2. Rise up and down your toes (please move slowly).
3. Repeat the above steps 10 times and rest (this makes 1 set).
4. Perform 2 to 3 sets.
1. Get on a clean, flat and smooth floor.
2. Remove shoes and socks i.e. get barefoot.
3. Walk on tip toes (slowly and relaxed).
4. Take 20 steps and rest (that’s 1 set).
5. Perform 2 to 3 sets
For better balance
1. Stand with back straight.
2. Place arms on your waist.
3. Lift one leg up and trace an imaginary alphabet with that leg.
4. When done on one side, switch legs.