Fire gutted Chingadzi Catholic Parish priestâ€™s house in the northern Malawi district of Thyolo in the Archdiocese of Blantyre on Friday evening.
The fire left Father Frank Mwinganyama, who was not at home when the accident happened, with virtually nothing apart from the clothes he wore then.
The priestâ€™s cook is admitted to Thyolo District Hospital after he was pulled from the inferno where he threw himself in state of confusion at watching his bossâ€™ property being burnt to ashes.
According to head of communications in the archdiocese, Father Preciano Muyakha, the fire, which is suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault, started at about 6.30pm.
Muyakha said computers Mwinganyama was using as secretary to diocesan priests in the archdiocese as well as in the country, are among property worth millions of kwacha lost in the fire.
â€œRight now, what he has are the clothes he is wearingâ€¦ All of a sudden, he is someone who has no history. Poor boy.
â€œFortunately, he was not home; otherwise, he would have been caught in it. Currently, the cook is doing fine in hospital,â€ said Fr. Muyakha.