Whether hiccups are caused by eating too much or too fast, sudden excitement, hot and spicy foods, or stomach disorders there are many home remedies for hiccups.
- Pulling the thread from a cloth diaper and placing it on the babies forehead will stop hiccups
- Eating a teaspoon full of peanut butter will immediately stop hiccups
- Eating a bowl full of yoghurt with a pinch of salt will stop hiccups
- Slowly sucking a teaspoon full of sugar will stop hiccups
- Drinking water frequently in short durations will stop hiccups
- Diverting the mind to some other thought will stop the hiccups
- Sucking crushed ice will provide immediate relief from hiccups.