Joyce Banda Foundation (JBF) has cleared the cloud of uncertainty surrounding the K100 million (about $250 000) inter-constituency football and netball tournament’s lengthy break, attributing it to “technical reasons”.
The tournament was on hold for two months from early December last year and only resumed early this month, a development that raised questions from some quarters on its future.
But the competition’s manager Wyson Sumaili on Thursday said the tournament had to break for the festive season.
“There was nothing serious. It was just that we wanted to give participating teams and other stakeholders a chance to celebrate the festive season.
“The games have since resumed and the week before last week we were in Nkhotakota before proceeding to Salima. We are now planning to proceed to the North this weekend,” said Sumaili.
He explained that, thereafter, they will finish off in the Southern Region before going to the Central Region.
Sumaili also expressed optimism that the foundation will meet its first week of May deadline.