Former Blantyre United coach EliaKananji finds himself in a tight spot as he is yet to be offered a contract by Big Bullets FC after being fired by Blantyre United.
However, Bullets general secretary Harold Fote said they will live to their word and offer Kananji a contract as assistant coach by tomorrow.
Kananji said in an interview at the weekend that he was surprised at United’s decision to sack him on the basis that he was in talks with Bullets.
“I am sure the assumption out there is that I resigned from United, but the truth was that I was fired last week on the basis that I was in talks with Bullets. But up to now, I have not yet been offered a contract by Bullets.
“Of course, they [Bullets] approached me and we held preliminary talks. I asked them to make an offer, which they have not done up to now. The last time I spoke to them was last Friday, when their GS contacted me and he apologised for taking time to come back to me. He assured me that they would offer me a contract by Monday,” said Kananji.
Last week, United unveiled former Evirom coach Mario Gadaga as their new coach and their technical director Lawson Nakoma confirmed sacking Kananji, saying they did not want to be held at ransom.
However, Kananji said although he is out of employment, it does not mean he will accept whatever offer will be made by Bullets.
“I will go through it and if I am agreeable, then I will sign the contract, if not, maybe we could negotiate and then determine the way forward,” he said.
Kananji is considered one of the most promising coaches on the domestic scene. He guided an ordinary Blantyre United outfit to a respectable third-place finish two seasons ago.