Sunday’s welterweight rematch fight between Felix Mwamaso and Charles Misanjo at Obligado Leisure Park promises to be bloody and thrilling.
The Northern Region Boxing Committee (NRBC) has organised an eight-round non-title professional fight between the two pugilists in Mzuzu.
Meanwhile, The Nation has learnt from Mchinji Boxing promoter John Lungu that Misanjo has abandoned his trainer Mussa Mkwanda for a Zambian tactician who is currently drilling him in Blantyre ahead of the fight.
Lungu declined to disclose identity of the Zambian coach, but promised victory.
In an interview yesterday, Mwamaso’s coach Gabriel Kondowe said he is not moved by Misanjo’s change of trainers.
“I have been a boxer in Zambia for years and I know how to handle them. I assessed him during his fights against Ernest Msoliza,” said Kondowe.
Last year, Mwamaso won on points, but some fans felt the Mchinji boxer was more professional and deserved to win. They accused the judges of favouring their home boy.
NRBC chairperson Chandiwira Moyo confirmed that they will give Misanjo another chance to prove his worth onFebruary 2.