Big Bullets coach-designate Nsazurwimo Ramadhan has finally accepted the offer for another stint with the People’s Team.
The development came barely a day after the Burundian coach told a press briefing in Blantyre on Monday that he needed to consult his family before stating his position.
However, Bullets chairperson Kondi Msungama yesterday claimed that Ramadhan spoke to his wife on Monday evening who gave him the green light to accept the offer.
“Ramadhan briefed his wife about the offer and she advised him to accept the task.
“So, I can confidently say that it is a done deal and all that remains is for him to put pen to paper,” said Msungama.
However, the BB boss stated that Ramadhan will only sign a contract after his work permit is processed with the Department of Immigration.
“As per the country’s laws, one cannot have his or her work permit processed while in the country and the process will start as soon as he leaves the country tomorrow [today]. The good thing is that he [Ramadhan] will be accompanied by the technical director Billy Tewesa who will pursue the issue in South Africa,” said Msungama.
He added: “As I stated earlier on, after the offer and counter-offer, we reached a compromise and met 50-50. However, I cannot divulge the figures.”
However, unconfirmed reports indicate that the two parties settled for half a million Kwacha.
Apparently, Ramadhan and Tewesa were introduced to the club’s players and the rest of the technical staff during yesterday morning’s training session at Kamuzu Stadium, but both did not step on the pitch, saying they are yet to start work.
Msungama said the two went there to get the feel of the environment and meet the players and the rest of the technical panel.
Said Ramadhan: “I cannot step on the pitch or address the players before I have signed a contract. That will happen after everything else is finalised.”