Three men suspected to have hacked a boy with albinism to near-death in Phalombe last week, have been apprehended.
The suspected assailants severely wounded 17-year-old Alfred Chikalo of Mnasi Village, Traditional Authority (T/A) Mkhumba in the district on November 29, 2015 around 11.00pm.
The victim has just been discharged from Holy Family Mission Hospital in the district where he was receiving treatment for deep cuts in his head, arms and on the upper part of his left leg.
Police have identified the three as 40-year-old Kingstone Mtiye of Saidi Village and Mose Phillipo, 25, of Namandwa Village, T/A Jenala and Aubrey Maudedi, 26, from Chitawo Village, T/A Nazombe in Phalombe.
Phalombe Police Station public relations officer Augustus Nkhwazi said in a statement yesterday, the three, during interrogation confessed to have conspired to remove bones from the victim for a customer in Rumphi.
Meanwhile, he said police were still hunting for one more suspect still at large. n